Tami Benson, author of the blog Lessons by Heart just gave me 7 Lovely Awards. Isn’t that sweet of her? Tami has a great blog, and her love for the Lord shines brightly in her blog, which is why I love to visit her blog, and why I would encourage others to visit her blog too.
These are the seven awards that Tami gifted me with…
Aren’t the awards lovely? What follows are the rules for accepting any or all of the awards…
1-Answer the 10 random questions or those of your own choosing.
2-Nominate 10 other bloggers for the Award and link their blog sites.
3-Notify the bloggers of their awards.
4-Ask the award winners to answer the 10 questions when they accept their Award.
Since the first rule said that I can answer 10 random questions of my own choosing, I decided to create my own questions to answer, rather than the original ones…
- If you had the opportunity to go anywhere in the world, where would you go and why? I would love to go to Israel, and walk the streets that Jesus walked, to see the Jordan, where John baptized Jesus, to see Jericho, where the walls fell, to see Jacob’s well… What a blessing that would be!
- If you had the opportunity to meet a historical figure who is now deceased, who would you like to meet and why? I would like to meet Gomer, the prophet, Hosea’s adulterous wife, who was eventually restored to her husband. I always wondered why she would have cheated on a man who so obviously loved her… I would also love to know the rest of the story. What happened when she returned home with Hosea? Did she learn to love him? What she grateful to him for rescuing her? Did she make peace with Hosea and with God?
- What would you like to do with your life? My dream is to write a novel about Hosea and Gomer. I want to minister to many people, and introduce as many as possible to Jesus. My dream is that I would be like Peter, and when my shadow falls on people, they would be healed in Jesus’ name…
- What makes you smile? My grandchildren make me smile.
- What makes you cry? Those who don’t know Jesus make me cry. It breaks my heart to see people who have no hope or joy, especially when I know the joy giver. It brings tears to my eyes to see those who are hurt and broken, and to know that I have the answer that I could introduce them to the One who could set them free, but they refuse to believe.
- What is your favorite scripture? And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love. No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans 8:38-39 NLT)
- What is your favorite movie? Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe
- What is your favorite quote? A man can no more diminish God’s glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word, ‘darkness’ on the walls of his cell. ~ C.S. Lewis
- If you had 1 million dollars to spend any way you want, what would you spend it on? I would like to start a halfway house for female inmates to come live in and be ministered to when they leave prison, to prevent them from returning to the lives they led before they were imprisoned. In this halfway house, we would provide 24-hour staff to disciple them, teaching them how to be good parents, how to complete resumes, and how to dress for an interview and how to respond to interview questions. They would also be taught the necessary skills for running a household (their own one day), how to balance a checkbook, meal-planning, cleaning, money management skills. Most importantly, they would be taught what it is to have and maintain a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- If you could be remembered for one thing, what would you like to be remembered for? I would like people to remember that Jesus led me all the way.
I would like to nominate the following people for these 7 Lovely Awards. My beloved friends, please do not feel pressured to accept these awards. If you do not accept awards, that is quite alright with me. I am nominating you because your blog blesses me, and there are no strings attached. This is simply an act of love. Therefore, without further ado, I nominate the following 10 people in no particular order (LOL – I’ve always wanted to say that)… Now, drumroll please…
- Carri — http://graceunveiledblog.wordpress.com/
- Nicole — http://betterthanwine.wordpress.com/
- Sharon — http://shazza91321.wordpress.com/
- Karen — http://sistersofchrist.wordpress.com/
- Martha — http://inlovewiththelord.wordpress.com/
- Wendell — http://foreverpoetic.me/
- Diana — http://dianarasmussen.com/
- Mark — http://malekoarts.wordpress.com/
- Deborah — http://poetrybydeborahann.wordpress.com/
- Terry — http://terry1954.wordpress.com/
Many blessings to each and every worthy recipient!