1: a medieval chemical science and speculative philosophy aiming to achieve the transmutation of the base metals into gold, the discovery of a universal cure for disease, and the discovery of a means of indefinitely prolonging life
2: a power or process of transforming something common into something special
3: an inexplicable or mysterious transmuting
- Your response must be between 33 and 333 words.
- You must use the 3rd definition of the given word in your post.
- The word itself needs to be included in your response.
- You may not use a variation of the word; it needs to be exactly as stated above.
- Only one entry per writer.
- If you know your post does not meet the requirements of the challenge, please leave your link in the comments section, not in the linkz.
- Trifecta is open to everyone. Please join us.
Genetically modified organisms (GMO) produce an alchemy of nutritious crops, according to the FDA, and eating foods with GMO are not harmful to humans. Unfortunately, there’s no data to base these claims on. No one in the FDA has monitored the impact of GMO foods on human health. In fact, it could take years or even decades to determine all of the health problems these foods are creating in our country.
Now, if the FDA approves GMOs, they must be safe, right? Wrong. The American Academy of Environmental Medicine (AAEM) has reported, “Several animal studies indicate serious health risks associated with GM food,” and they also asked doctors to advise their patients to avoid these foods. Those risks included:
- Immune Problems
- Faulty Insulin Regulation
- Accelerated Aging
- Changes in Major Organs
- Changes in the Gastrointestinal System
As if this isn’t disturbing enough, before the FDA made the decision to allow GMOs into food without labeling, FDA scientists repeatedly warned them that some of the potential hazards of GMO foods include the following unpredictable, hard-to-detect side effects:
- Nutritional Problems
- New Diseases
These FDA scientists also urged the FDA to conduct long-term safety studies, but their requests fell on deaf ears. My friends, did you know that for more than a decade, you have unknowingly been ingesting GMO foods? There are no warning labels on food products containing GMOs, because the FDA, which is supposed to look out for our best interest, has deemed it unnecessary, even though most developed countries do not consider GMOs safe. The European Union, Australia and Japan, as well as nearly 50 other countries have completely banned or restricted the use of GMOs. Sadly, the FDA has approved GMOs for American consumption, based solely on studies conducted, not by their scientists, but on studies conducted by the manufacturers of GMOs.
My friends, I urge you to please watch the video, visit the links below, and avoid all GMOs, for your own health, and your family’s health as well.
- List of Reasons to Avoid GMO Foods (in-the-pantry.com)
- This is why you should stay away from all GMO Foods (worldtruth.tv)
- Understanding GMO Foods (gulphealthyliving.com)
- Stone Soup without GMOs for the FDA (voxxi.com)
- What You Need To Know About GMO (thepressnet.com)
- ‘Monsanto Protection Act’: Chemical monopoly writes its own law (workers.org)
- Obama Promises ‘Immediate’ GMO Labeling in 2007 Speech (videosfortruth.com)